Antique furniture can have deeper meaning to some people than “just a coffee table”. It could be a family heirloom, a gift from a loved one, or even a prized possession for an antique collector. There are several different ways that you can protect your antique furniture, wood and glass. American Glass Top has the highest rated techniques in the industry to keep your furniture in your home safe and looking impeccable.
- Avoid placing fine furniture in strong sunlight. Sunlight is devastating to your furniture and will lead to fading and cracking of the finish.
- Draw curtains during the day, or use sun blinds or UV filters on the windows, if possible.
- Avoid using aerosol sprays when freshening your home. These particles land directly on your antique furniture and will begin to deteriorate the finish on your most prized pieces.
- Dust OFTEN.
- Keep the temperature in your home comfortable. Humidity can speed up cracking or loosening of joints.
- Schedule a cleaning every 6 months with American Glass Top. There is no better way to ensure that your antique furniture is protected and lasting as intended. Call for pricing and a consultation with any questions you may have.
Don’t let minor mistakes ruin the most precious pieces in your home. Call American Glass Top and let us take care of something more than just a piece of furniture. Did you know that we do custom glass tops? Never fear when you have a project that you need projected into real life. American Glass Top is here to assist you with all of your glass top needs.